Roger Howe, a mathematician at Yale University who has thought a lot about elementary school mathematics education, has written Three Pillars of First Grade Mathematics, in which he expands on the CCSS Grade 1 mathematics standards. It’s well worth a read.
Register or log in
Search blog posts
- dy/dan » Blog Archive » Geoff Krall Combs The Internet For Lesson Plans So You Don’t Have To on Arranging the high school standards into courses
- Assessments: Synthesis Skills | Mathy McMatherson on Arranging the high school standards into courses
- Jim Kelly on The Structure is the Standards
- nancymclaughlin on Attend to the verbs in the Mathematical Practices
- Jim on Draft progressions on high school Algebra and Functions