After talking to some teachers at PCMI on Tuesday and hearing from my fellow standards writer Jason Zimba I decided to do a quick fix on the modeling progression. The previous version ventured into territory that has been discussed on this blog: the different possible meanings of the word “model.” I decided this could be confusing, so edited it down so that it now sticks to the meaning of the word as used in the standards. The new version is here.
Register or log in
- The Common Core… What? | SF Public School Mom on The Structure is the Standards
- Developing Ways of Thinking – The Common Core Standards | getrealmath on The Structure is the Standards
- K-5 Elaboraborations of Common Core Math Practice Standards | Make K-5 Math Fun! on K–5 Elaborations of the Practice Standards
- Common Core Math Curriculum: How Do We Know It’s Aligned? | By the Numbers on Essay by Al Cuoco on choosing curriculum aligned to the practices
- Relevant Mathematics | NC Math I – Units of Study on Arranging the high school standards into courses