After talking to some teachers at PCMI on Tuesday and hearing from my fellow standards writer Jason Zimba I decided to do a quick fix on the modeling progression. The previous version ventured into territory that has been discussed on this blog: the different possible meanings of the word “model.” I decided this could be confusing, so edited it down so that it now sticks to the meaning of the word as used in the standards. The new version is here.
Register or log in
- Mathematics Gurus unite for Illustrative’s Lecture Series | Mathematics - Hamilton County ESC on Fall Virtual Lecture Series from Illustrative Mathematics
- Rainbow Loom® Math | The Recovering Traditionalist on K–5 Elaborations of the Practice Standards
- The Standards Are Not The Curriculum | McGraw-Hill Education Blog on The Structure is the Standards
- Circles Part 1: Similarity Intuition | Transformulas on Prove that all circles are similar
- MP 8 with Dr. Jackie Dewar | Math Leadership Corps on The three Rs in MP8. And the E. And the L.